Friday, May 5, 2023

Egg Watch

 Friday, May 5 - 

This morning I came into the classroom and could hear sweet little chirps.

After looking really closely I could see a small crack at the top.  I went to join the other teachers for a meeting and came back during a break and could see some pieces of shell on the cloth.

When all my meetings were finished I came back and saw the chick had been hard at work.



The little chick worked and worked at getting out.

 



The chick was hard at work breaking the shell in a line around the egg.




Soon we could see body parts coming out - feet, wings, a beak.  


Finally, the little chick made it's way out!



Here are some videos that show the hatching - turn up the volume to hear the sweet peeps.

 https://drive.google.com/file/d/12N8aKWY1jslMcVLncg1Ps5uILxXbRu1R/view?usp=sharing

 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CI8BSFB1Et-pBJJ7F3X-SpL0QP0E30_Z/view?usp=sharing

 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fyIoG-KhUrRXtFdnbyicx6gIjeoNK7JP/view?usp=sharing

The chick will stay nice and warm in the incubator until tomorrow when I will come back to the school and move him into his enclosure.  Hopefully, we will have some new babies from the other eggs soon!



 If there are any changes I will post an update tomorrow.


June 9 - 10

 It's been a busy couple of weeks!  Here's a few highlights: Making Smoothies with Ms. Boone's Class Three of eggs hatched.  We ...